Skip to main content

The Missing Piece

To me, there is no question - God has created humans to have analytical minds, finding joy in solving a puzzle or mystery. We love the thrill of placing the last piece, solving a crossword, or figuring out the plot to a movie before we ever see what happens. Genesis 1:27 tells us that God created us in His image. We hear it all the time, but what does that really mean? I think that it means God is analytical too. I think it means God enjoys watching us and helping us solve problems, piece together puzzles, and just figure things out in this life.

I thought about my own life the other day. As I was looking over the events in my mind, I realized something. I am delighted in the moments I have connected the pieces of the puzzle and there found God. I believe He is delighted when I find Him this way too. Like piecing together a puzzle, that little ping of joy when a piece fits together because it was made to be in that exact spot, this is my life with God.

So I don't know about you, but for me, life is a puzzle - but the most beautiful puzzle of seeking God at every turn, realizing when the pieces fit together, there He is, smiling and delighted to have waited for me.

Comments